The World According To Loner Bedstraw

My World, My Life, My Boredom

1/01/2006

Happy New Year

Happy 2006 Everybody, You sad bastards who are reading this.
This new years i saw it in working....
Last year, it was at my parents mates house.
Same the year before.
and Before
I've NEVER spent a new year with my friends.
This year I would have given anything to have spent it with my
girlfriend Sara. I would have given anything to be with her, even simply
on a sofa somewhere watching the crappy TV (although Jools Holland does
indeed r0x0r) just holding her.
But naturally that too much to ask for.
I refuse to rant about sara, sometime i might just tell all you lovely
people the long long long story concerning her. But not now.
Now, My rand is about people.
Older people.
Call it "Middle Age".
My rant is this.

Nothing changes.
My parents are in the kitchen having a conversation with worryingly
similar points of view as i would have with my friends, although we
wouldn't take ourselves as seriously as they do...
Dad seems to be like me, or more correctly, I'm like my dad.
Ration with a comic-satiric streak.
Everyone else is just drunkish talking complete bollix.
Wait a minute.
That makes it sound like my dad ISN'T talking complete bollix. Well, he
is, but its bollix that appears to be rational to him.
Maybe things don't change as much as people think. Maybe were all the
same throughout our lives, Living the same identities all through our
pathetic little existence.
We all want the same things generally. Mostly concerning a better life
for all and shit like that that only really makes sense when its 4 in
the morning after several (i repeat, SEVERAL) beers, along with a few
questionable cocktails.
So does this mean I'm stuck in the way i am?
Good! I like the way i am. I just hate the way the rest of the world is,
so maybe theres hope for those of us who realise the futility of this,
and all we can do is try to stick around for as long as we can get some
fun out of life, hopefully spawning off little mini versions of
ourselves that will again stick around.
I'd like to think that my life might just gain some meaning. At some point.
That maybe I WILL mean something and that there will be a little part of
my soul left behind after I'm long gone. Even if its simply in the
stories that people tell about me, or someone finding this blog in a
hundred years and thinking "Wow, what a fag."
Maybe we all just turn to dust and disappear forever.
Wow,
Wot a shitty thought to end on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home