The World According To Loner Bedstraw

My World, My Life, My Boredom

6/22/2006

Micro-google

Ok, so redmond use google for their searches, big deal, this is a standard thing which I've discovered over the years....
SMART and STUPID people use google.
most other people have personal tastes, eg yahoo, Msn etc just for the style.
Ironically enough the smarts and stupids use google for the same reasons: its clean, simple, fast, and intuiative.
Of course, the "smarts" also use google because of the great Web 2.0 apps.
Personally, even tho i am using two Ms Pro systems (4 screens, wootness, will post pictures later) and i use Office for my documents and Outlook for my mail and calendar (syncs to my phone, so i couldnt resist) i still use google as the centre of my searching!
Google and Microsoft simply dont have the same market, its no more complex than that.
When google starts making good on the "Googlenix" rumours, THEN there will be a showdown, but until then, Google is the king of search, MS is the king of apps.
I mean, on one last note, Google Earth only works on Windows and OSX, not *nix, which i think is a pity.
Anyway, need to go do physics now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home